Sunday, September 11, 2016

FOOD | Restaurant Style Ribs


After talking to my mom last night, I couldn't help thinking about the rib she made for me when I was little! We didn't have enough money to have ribs all the time, so every time we have ribs, it's always exciting.

This receipt came out very close to my memory. It takes about an hour from preparing to finish, but it is not difficult at all. Let's get started :)  

I made 2lb ribs, if you only want 1lb, feel free to cut the receipt in half. I was lucky to find already cut ribs, so I don't have to cut myself. I hate cutting bones, they always take so much arm work.










First you want to boil the ribs in a hot boiling water, it helps to clean inside the ribs. After boiling, just rinsing the ribs with running water for few seconds.




    Then you want to put in a flat Sauté pan, fry both sides until golden. In here I used grapeseed oil, but you can you use any oil of your preference. I highly recommend using a Sauté Pan because during the process, you will need to add water, so a deep pan will be very helpful. And this is the "hard" part in this receipt. 

    Now, the "hard" part is done, the rest are easy. You want to clean your Sauté pan, low heat, then add in your dry seasonings, garlic, and ginger, make sure do NOT add any oil, just fry for few minutes until you can smell the seasoning. Then, back to medium heat, add ribs back in, along with cooking wine, dark and light soy sauce, and rock sugar (or any sugar), cook until everything are well mixed. 









    This receipt is very flexible on seasoning. If your family like spicy, sweet, salty  feel free to add more hot paper, sugar, or salt.  That's my favorite part about Chinese cooking, every family creates their own receipt that fits them the best. If you don't have rock sugar, regular sugar definitely works. 

Good luck and Eat More 😄








Estimate Preparing and Cooking Time -1h

Ingredients:

2 lb pork ribs, cut to your preference length
2tbs Grapeseed Oil amzn.to/1DEito0
2 to 3 star anise amzn.to/1KqiIVR
2 to 3 Hot pepper, add more if you like it more spicy amzn.to/1zHy86L
1/2tbs Sichuan Pepper amzn.to/1HYggtY
2 cloves garlic
Few slices ginger
4tbs cooking wine (I used Shaoxing Wine, you should be able to find at any Oriental Market) amzn.to/1CuqVco
2tbs dark soy sauce amzn.to/1KaA7DH
1tbs light soy sauce amzn.to/1zdY61e
3 blocks of rock sugar (about 1tbs sugar)


No comments:

Post a Comment