Monday, September 12, 2016

SKINCARE | Acne Treatment - Step 1



Unless you are the luckiest person, more or less you will face a common enemy: ACNE. When I was in college, mine literally looks like a big dipper:

This is when I decide to start learning about acne, and proper way to treat it. So in this series, I am going to talk about how to Fight your acne with 4 easy steps.
First, also the most important, is Cleansing.
Only a clean surface will allow you add more later on.
You probably heard this thing called: Salicylic Acid. This is a medication to treat common swelling, which is a common reaction from acne. It will help to reduce redness and inflammation of skin. I highly recommend to use cleanser that have salicylic acid when you see the first sign of Acne.

NOTE: Salicylic acid is NOT recommended if you are pregnant.  High doses of the acid in its oral form (Aspirin) increases the risk of intracranial bleeding. If you are pregnant, please ask your doctor for recommendation on acne treatment.

After many many testing, I have found four products that work for me very well.


You can find all four of them in your local drugstore or Sephora. I love them all. They all have pros and some cons, but if you ask me to choose my favorite, I have to say Murad clarifying cleanser. It doesn't feel dry or tight after use, it give you a cool and fresh feeling. And, my husband loves it too. I like to use my cleanser when I am showering, because hot steam will open my pores so I can really clean my face well.

You can also pair with clarisonic, or other cleaning tools, some may think it is too harsh, some may not.  That's up to you~

So that's all my cleanser recommendation for the day. Have you tried any of them and it worked? Or not? What else did you try? How do you like it? Does it work for you? I would love to know your experiences!

JE

No comments:

Post a Comment