Friday, September 16, 2016

WEDDING | My Red Wedding Shoes


Because of our working schedule, we couldn't have ours in beautiful spring or summer, not even my favorite fall, which is beautiful in New England by the way 🍂. Our only option was in the winter, Luckily, we found a perfect location indoors, so that helped a lot.

A modern traditional Chinese wedding has three major parts: gate crushing--where the groom and his best man have to pass many challenges/tests from bridesmaid, wedding ceremony, and we thank our guests for their blessing. So total I have three dresses, does that mean I need three pairs of shoes? Maybe, maybe not.

Even though I haven't decided what dresses to wear, I know that I have to get a pair shoes in red for the traditional gown. Then, I need another pair for the wedding (but because normally no one sees the shoes, so the color can be optional, just not black), so I have color options here. Because of my sort of tight budget ($1,000 for all the shoes), I think two nice pairs will do.

Today I want to focus on my search journey with the red pair, which it was full of frustration and "hard work".

One thing I know for sure is that I want a Closed toe style.
I want something beautiful but simple. Not only because less is more, but also I don't want to just buy a pair for my wedding, then I have no other use. After day and night search, literally, I had my eye on these:

They are all "sort of" within my budget, I rarely pay full price for them, I try to get as much promotion as possible. But, with shoes, I found a one big difficulty: None of the above have my size. I looked virtually everywhere, and they are either no longer carry the series, or they are out of stock. 



After learning the lesson, I started to think differently. 

What do I like?                     Obviously pointy toes. 
What color do I need?          RED
What's really important?      Comfort.

With that in mind, I found these:


This is from Stuard Weitzman, Zappos and Stuart Weitzam partnered with Virgin America to send flight attendants with these. They were very comfortable, not too high, pointed toes, also in a beautiful red. More importantly, I found at 6pm.com for $107. DEAL!

So this is what I learned from searching for your wedding shoes:
1. Just Google shoes in your favorite color, brand.
2. Gather all the ones you like, doesn't matter the price tag.
3. If you have the budget and luck, you found the one right away, TAKE IT!
4. If you don't have the budget and luck, like me, then with all the ones you like, you will know your style. After knowing your style, do another search.
5. Have a lot of faith, believing you will find The One ❤️

One down, one to go!
Budget left: $893   >>>>>>>>>Doing good<<<<<<<<<< 

JE

1 comment: