Tuesday, September 20, 2016

WEDDING | Why I choose Manolo Blahnik Hangisi? & How to get it for cheaper


Today I want to talk about why I choose Manolo Blahnik Hangisi for my main wedding shoes.
Is it because Carrie Bradshaw? Olivia Palermo?



(Note: I do not own those photos, they belong to rightful owner)

Well, I can't say 100% NO, so, just a little bit 👠
In my last post, I talked about my budget for my shoes. I give myself a $1000 budget, which I spent $107 on my red Stuart Weitzman, so I decided that the rest $893 goes to >>>>  Manolo Blahnik Hangisi. 

The retail price for a pair Hangisi is $965, of course. First I used 10% sign-up promotion from Neiman Marcus, which went down to $868.5, then I used the 12% cash back from Ebates, which in the end, I spent $765 on this beautiful heel. Guess what, I am still under budget 😄

Now, I want to talk about Why, the real reason.

First of all, I know in my head that I want to buy a pair that I can use later in my life. Not just ONE for wedding, that's it. 

Second, it has to be comfortable since I am going to wear this for at least 5 hours, standing & walking.

Third, it needs to be a timeless design because I want to wear this for our 10 years, 20 years, 30 years, .... anniversary. 

Fourth, about the color. Because you won't see the shoe while I am wearing my main wedding gown, but you will see it at during after party with different dress, so the color needs to be versatile. It cannot be black or red. 

With all in my mind, I started searching. I didn't really start with Manolo Blanhik because of the price. I actually started with Jimmy Choo Abel. However.... like the same thing happened during red shoe hunting, they do not have my size. Then I went on Christian Louboutin, nothing. Then I went to Shopstyle.com, it is a great website by the way, I select pumps, filtered with my shoe size -- 6, and search. The ONLY style, I am talking about ONLY style, is Manolo Blanhik Hingisi. It is so elegant, beautiful, simple, and absolutely timeless. And most of all, they have my size in Colbalt Blue. My first choice was in white, but of course, they didn't have my size, so I chose colbalt blue, which "accidentally" is the same color as Carrie Bradshaw. 



I would be lying if I say I didn't struggle convincing myself for paying almost $1,000 on a pair shoes. Then I saw the 10% OFF from Neiman Marcus, and then I saw the 12% cash back from Ebates, and THEN, they have my size!! Ok, I do agree, even $765 for a pair shoes is still quite ridiculous, but this is the only one I LOVE, it is still under my budget, and they have my size in stock, so why the wait? Right?

When I receive the shoe, it was absolutely beautiful. I do need to add sole protection tape because it is in handmade soft leather, it is not a 'everyday walking shoes'.

During wedding shoe hunting, it is really important to list out what is the most important to you without thinking about the budget. Once you have the styles decided, you can try to find promotions, cashbacks, or even try Ebay, Poshmark to find your perfect pair. I hope this helped you to find what you love, and be the happiest bride ever!!


I would love love to know what did you choose for your wedding!! Please share in the comments ❤️



JE

1 comment:

  1. Even though my wedding is in Spring, I want a pair MB as well :)

    ReplyDelete