Wednesday, September 14, 2016

WEDDING | Save the date card


Not every girl knows what is her dream wedding, like .... ME.

Because of our job, we have to have a winter wedding. But since it is going to be a indoor wedding, the weather may not be a huge issue. I really want to record the process of my wedding planning, it is going to be little bit exciting, a lot of decision making, and very nervous couple months, but I am sure in the end, it will be memorable.

Starting with the very first step, Save the date card.

Even though I don't have a theme in my mind yet, I know I want to design my own as many as possible because this is OUR wedding, I am not the type girl who likes to use all ready made stuff, I love add our personality into it. Also, because I am a Chinese, I want to have both Chinese and western elements in my entire wedding.

I do admit, I did a lot of Pinteresting for inspiration, and I love love the idea of using your photo as a background, which is what I did. I know [normally] you send out your card at least 6 months before the wedding, but I didn't quiet finish mine until last week, so.... I sent to all my friends digitally.

>>>>And also because I have such a hard time deciding what types of material to use...

So here it is:



The photo was taken by my beloved father. We were in Santa Monica beach, it was a beautiful sunset, and the photo was perfect.




As you can see, I did mix couple oriental elements in my card, which I love. I think Chinese elements are so beautiful, unique, and I love the traditional wedding as well. Does it mean I will have a traditional wedding? ummm.... I don't know.

Next is going to be my formal invitation, which is going to be a tough one.

Any suggestions?

1 comment:

  1. Nice card! I got a good idea from this. My best friend is getting married and she wanted me to think something out of the box for her. I guess, I found it. She is getting married in one of the most beautiful venues in NYC and I am glad to be her maid of honor.

    ReplyDelete