Tuesday, September 27, 2016

SKINCARE | Day Cream: With or Without SPF???

I know that many of us rather spend 1 more minute on beauty sleep than spend that on skincare, including myself, so we try to minimize the morning skincare as much as possible. One of the easiest solution is to combine moisturizer and sunscreen together, but I want to say, I do not recommend this combination.

If you have tried moisturizer with SPF, you will know that it has a sunscreen smell, it feels greasy, and it looks oily. Especially when my husband, who never common on my skin, told me that I look so "shining".
Ok... If my husband said that, then something seriously wrong with my routine.
At that time, I didn't realize what it was, then, less than a week, I saw there are small breakouts under my chin, an area where I never get breakouts. So i started to think, what did I do different?

My morning MOISTURIZER. I started to use a morning cream that has SPF 20!
Then I remember my previous experience with similar cream were never really good. No matter what brand it was. 

So if you have similar issue, the solution is beyond easy. Separate moisturizer and sunscreen.
Even though it is a separate step, it is totally worth it.

Currently my routine is:
I have to be honest, Neutrogena isn't my favorite, because I don't like the smell. Other than that, it is a fairly good moisturizer. However, you do not have to use the exact combination like I do, just remember, keep them separate.

Fall is here, so you don't need SPF 50, 20 would do. Unless you live in places like California, then "unlucky" you, SPF 50 is highly recommended.

There is nothing wrong to change your routine year to year, season to season, find a good one works for you!


JE

No comments:

Post a Comment